Thursday, January 11, 2007

First Up

Well, just getting into this blogging, if you find it, great!

What do ya say, I guess I should start with mentioning the fact that I just got married to a girl who lived in Aussie up until we got married. A bit different for most people, we only knew each other two years and never lived in the same country until we got married. In fact, the most time we ever spent together before getting married was 20 days. Some say that is a little crazy but I love it! Have been married two months now and it is interesting seeing how Mili, that is my wife's name, is settling into N.Z. Fascinating times figuring out how we live together (I think we do very well). At the moment we are doing all the usual things, library card, looking for work etc etc. Mili wants to work in environmental education so if ya know of any jobs in West Auckalnd in that field let us know.

It is a funny thing marriage, a little outdated I suppose but we like it. It is nice to have the commitment and affirmation from someone. It is nice to know that at the end of the day you are still together. I love having someone to talk to all the time. Someone who gets me! Prior to being married I flatted in various flats for a decade... (I am 31). Marriage is nothing like flatting ('rooming' if you are American). I thought it would be comparitive but it just isn't. It is totally different. I loved my flats and my flatmates but in a sense they were always temporary living partners, Mili is permanent and I love that.

Anyway, gotta go for now. Am working hard at redisigning course outlines and re-working course content for my students who will be arriving this year. I love it when we get new studens!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the world of tomorrow!

and you might want to turn on your anti-spamming features...

Mark J. Keown said...

Hey Dave,
So why get married if it is a 'little-outdated'. Anyway, what do you reckon a marriage is?